On Jun 2, 2015, at 9:22 AM, Ryan Schmidt <ryandes...@macports.org> wrote:

> On Jun 2, 2015, at 7:59 AM, Cheesy One wrote:
>>
>> I am using a macbook pro running os x yosemite (10.10). I am setting up a
>> local developer environment using macports. in trying to simplify the
>> installation of soctware i decided to try and use macports for apache 2.4,
>> php 5.5 and mysql, i seem to have gotten stuck. My apache  installation went
>> properly at first. but no i am trying to set up a virtual host environment
>> to be located in a folder in my desktop. and after 8 hours of fiddling with
>> various recommendation s from online, i have discovered that my webbrowser
>> is not recognizing my macports configuration file. that is httpd.conf.
>>
>> it only seems to recognized the file previously installed by apple. As you
>> already know yosemite ships with php and apache.
>>
>> how do i get the laptop to point to the correct httpd.conf file? there are
>> two...one installed by apple and one by macports.
>
> Apache 2.4 in MacPorts is still unfinished, which is why the port name is
> "apache24-devel" -- the "-devel" suffix means it is a development version,
> beta version, or otherwise untested or potentially unstable.
>
> There are no PHP ports that will use MacPorts apache24-devel. See
> https://trac.macports.org/ticket/41478
>
> At this time, I recommend sticking with the apache2 port. The
> php55-apache2handler port works with it.
>
> The pages linked from https://trac.macports.org/wiki/howto/MAMP should
> describe how to set this up correctly. There is nothing to do or configure to
> get MacPorts apache2 to know where its httpd.conf file is; it knows how to
> find it from the moment it's installed. I can only think that perhaps you
> have not stopped your Apple Apache server, and that therefore the MacPorts
> Apache server isn't running at all. The Apache2 page linked form the MAMP
> page shows how to deal with that too.

I’ve been building and running a local copy of php56-apache2handler against
apache24-devel for over a year now. No problems. Apache has considered apache
2.4.x as the stable branch for quite some time.

My current patches are for php56-apache2handler are at

http://git.hmug.org/index.php/ports/tree/master/lang/php/

I do agree with Ryan that the MacPorts version of apache24-devel is not prime
time yet, as the Portfile needs some clean up before it can replace apache2.

Marius
--
Marius Schamschula