On 19/08/15 16:13, C.T. wrote:

Experience: 10.11 is still in beta, and it shows. With XCode beta, expect HOURS
of compilations for a mere update, and many manual operations since MacPorts
doesn’t yet recognizes El Capitan

I disagree on two of the three points.

Yes, you should expect to compile all ports as there are no binary archives as of yet.

However, as long as you have the correct Xcode installed (the latest beta) and have installed MacPorts from source, it works just as smoothly in a VM where I am testing it as in the host OSX10.10 machine.

Yes its beta, but I've not had any significant issues in the limited playing I have done in the VM ...

Chris