Hey folks,

I recently updated one of my servers to MySQL57. Most of the sites on the server are WordPress - everything is up to date. Most of the time it's working fine, but a too large percentage of the time I'm getting "Error establishing database connection". A short time later it'll work fine with no changes. Traffic is not extreme.

So apparently some MySQL setting is not correct. I tried to find a place to adjust memory or thread count etc in my.cnf, but there was pretty much nothing in that file. Perhaps I was looking in the wrong place?

Any hints will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

--
Bill Christensen