Hi,

On 02/02/17 16:16, db wrote:
On 2 Feb 2017, at 16:34, Mojca Miklavec <mo...@macports.org> wrote:
If you only want to do it once, you can cd to the folder with the port
that you want to use and run "sudo port ..." from there.

Hmm…no, I thought I could mark the ports' default priority/availability,
something like setrequested with leaves.

I could use 2 local trees with rsync in second place, but that's not very
practical.

file:///opt/local/myports1
rsync://rsync.macports.org/release/tarballs/ports.tar [default]
file:///opt/local/myports2

Or, rename the port files. In this regard, does portindex index only files
named Porfile?

Or switch to using a git checkout as your local repo (in which case it can be your default, as you would have all the ports there) and then use different git branches for the different scenarios you want.

Renaming the files would also do it, as yes portindex only used 'Portfile' files.

Bottom line is there is no 'easy' way to do want you ask, so just go with whatever works best for you.

Chris