On 8 Mar 2017, at 01:10, Ryan Schmidt <ryandes...@macports.org> wrote:
>> On 7 Mar 2017, at 20:00, Ryan Schmidt wrote:
>>> That can be an acceptable workaround. Sometimes it has side effects. I
>>> don't know if it does with this port.
>
> In the destroot phase, you should not be attempting to modify anything
> outside of the ${destroot} directory. Only items in the destroot will be
> properly recorded by MacPorts as belonging to that port. I'm not certain, but
> hopefully MacPorts would prevent you from placing files outside of that
> directory.

Yeah, I don't know why I was trying to do that in the first place. Despite
this, strangely nothing was logged. I submitted the port with ticket #53753 if
you want to take a look at it. I stuck to destroot.args (checked other
portfiles, some use this, some patch makefile, not univocally), copied
autocompletion files to {prefix}/share/{subport} (checked porthier) and added
notes to copy them to a source-able location.