On Jun 16, 2018, at 17:01, Michael wrote:

> Let's say I have a bunch of scripts that start with #!/usr/bin/perl
>
> There is a python_select,but not a perl_select.
>
> How do I avoid the out of date system Perl, which doesn't have the needed
> support modules, and installing those modules with Mac ports doesn't put them
> where the system Perl sees them.

To do this for all files in a port's destroot directory whose names end with
".pl":

post-destroot {
    fs-traverse f ${destroot} {
        if {[file extension ${f}] eq ".pl"} {
            reinplace "s|^#!/usr/bin/perl|#!${prefix}/bin/perl${perl5.major}|"
${f}
        }
    }
}

(Assuming you have properly included the perl5 1.0 portgroup, or else manually
set perl5.major to the right value.)