On 25.08.18 06:21, Joshua Root wrote:
>> currently, this port is at version
>>
>>    tcl-sqlite3 @3.6.22_3
>>
>> sqlite3, however, is already at 3.24. there have been relevant changes
>> to sqlite between versions 22 and 24, so I now see "malformed schema"
>> errors with the tcl package for databases generated with current sqlite3
>> (identical to those I see with the sqlite3 at 3.22 port).
>>
>> question: any chance to see an update of the tcl-sqlite3 package soon?
>
> The tcl-sqlite3 port could probably be updated if a ticket is filed. I
I could do that, of course, if required.

> think it may have languished in part because there was a question of how
> useful it is now that Tcl 8.6 has sqlite3 built in.
has it? I am not aware of this: there is no command `sqlite3' available in my tclsh 8.6.8 (the one provided by macports) before I do `package require sqlite3' (which loads the separately installed sqlite3 package, e.g. the ports-provided one). of course, if you issue "sqlite3" at the tlcsh prompt, you usually fire up the standalone `sqlite3' comand line utility and get it's prompt. but that is of course not the same thing...

so if I have missed something: could you please elaborate a bit on this?

thx/joerg