I saw the discussion the last few days about the problems with using both
HomeBrew and MacPorts on the same system. I was wondering about problems with
using MacPorts and Anaconda to install different packages. I have been using
MacPorts for a long time with few problems, but sometimes I need newer versions
of Python packages or I need to install something that is available as a conda
package. It seems that Anaconda is specifically designed to keep separate
copies of the things it needs and switch between environments, so I assume that
there should be fewer problems with MacPorts than using something like HomeBrew.

Thanks,
                ++Eric
Pasadena, California