> On Oct 22, 2019, at 16:00, Ryan Schmidt <ryandes...@macports.org
> <mailto:ryandes...@macports.org>> wrote:
>>
>> Yes, looks like nothing depended on postgresql83-server.

Except the Mac printing system.

After deleting postgresql83-server I can no longer print.

My printer has disappeared from the "Printers & Scanners System" Preferences
and when I try to add the printer again, all the printer drivers have
disappeared.

It’s hard for me to understand how the Mac printing system could depend on a
database server installed via MacPorts, but it appears that’s the case.

I tried to reinstall postgresql83, but that failed with the same error that
started this thread: Error: Failed to configure postgresql83: configure
failure: command execution failed

Any ideas as to how to fix this?