> If you have room on your main disk and it is APFS-formatted, you can easily
> create a new volume in Disk Utility that will share the free space, and if it
> doesn't work out, you can delete the volume later.

I'd like to know how to get two volumes to share free space if they are on the
same physical disk.

Heck, even with 10.9-10.12's logical volume groups, the same question.

If this is something new in the "We'll force your root disk to be repartitioned
because we're now making root read only" system, then it's a "don't care,
thanks anyways" issue.

---
Entertaining minecraft videos
http://YouTube.com/keybounce