Hi,

Jonathan Allen via macports-users wrote:
The problem is, I can’t find the application icon at all and even searched the
MacPorts help pages to see if there was a “launch this application” command and
didn’t see one. I am a first time MacPorts user. How do I fix this so I can
launch the HomeBank application, or have it show up in the MacPorts folder of
the applications folder.

I don't use HomeBank, so I don't know the details. However, only native Cocoa apps wil install an .app bundle inside the MacPorts folder. E.g. emacs, gimp do that if they are compiled in the "+quartz" variant. Other apps if not Mac native will have their own launch method which will not be as straight-forward.

Riccardo