Neither does Osborne Computer Corporation. :-) But that's a hobby, and doesn't
have connectivity issues anyway. But I don't run the browser on my Sun
workstation, either (an ancient version of Firefox, I think; I may still have
Mosaic on there, but that's so old it's just plain useless).

FWIW, I find a refurbished late 2014 Mac Mini (oldest low-end Mac that can run
Monterey) at OWC for as little as $189 (doubtless a low end config, but likely
competitive with something even older). That's not even the lowest possible
price, just the low end of what I saw in 10 seconds looking at search results,
from a reputable seller. More looking could beat that. Heck, someone here may
have something non-ancient (at least able to run Catalina, which still gets
security updates) they'd be willing to part with for the cost of shipping.
Alas, not me; I'm the graveyard of old computers, as that Osborne (and an even
older Exidy Sorcerer) might suggest.

Is there a modern GUI browser in MacPorts, that uses only libs supplied by
MacPorts (aside from libSystem)? If so, using that might be kinda sorta safer
than using Safari on a system with no current security updates.

--
eMail:                          mailto:rlha...@smart.net