MacPorts 2.8.0 on High Sierra.

Has anyone else found that "enscript" has stopped working after some
software update or other?  The symptom is that nothing is being printed,
although I can redirect the output to a file and print that instead so
it's obviously generating the correct PS output.

The installed version of "enscript" is 1.6.6, and reinstalling it makes no
difference; when I specify a dummy script in place of "lpr" it gets
invoked as it should, so the spawning mechanism seems to be OK.

Because it's a bit inconvenient to disable SIP right now I cannot trace
the thing to see exactly what's broken, so has anyone else noticed this
and can track it to a particular MP update?

Thanks.

-- Dave