> On Apr 17, 2023, at 4:43 PM, Riccardo Mottola <riccardo.mott...@libero.it>
> wrote:
>
> Hi Ken!
>
> hmm... somehow your email got garbled? It is without subject and I cannot
> relate.. but I think I got it.
>

> Ken Cunningham wrote:
>> meson is now more picky about unrecognized arguments.
>>
>> This will have to be removed, and then making sure it uses the right NM
>> might have to be done another way:
>>
>> lt_cv_path_NM=/opt/local/bin/nm
>>

> Are you suggesting that the "classic" way I used for years:
>
> if {${os.platform} eq "darwin" && ${os.major} < 10} {
>     depends_build-append port:cctools
>     configure.env-append NM=${prefix}/bin/nm
>     configure.args-append lt_cv_path_NM=${prefix}/bin/nm
> }
>
> is not correct, since it adds extra arguments?

exactly. meson doesn't recognize  lt_cv_path_NM=${prefix}/bin/nm and stops the
configuration.

> Indeed I was using an old Portfile, the one I "saved".
>
> The current portfile has:
>
> if {${os.platform} eq "darwin" && ${os.major} < 10} {
>     depends_build-append \
>                         port:cctools
>     configure.env-append \
>                         NM=${prefix}/bin/nm
> }

that probably works, and if so, then should be all that is needed

> I wonder if this different way needs to be propagated to many other ports or
> just if meson is used.

there will be an error only if meson is used. Not many ports have this addition
at present, however:

% ag -G Portfile  -l lt_cv_path_NM
devel/gmp/Portfile
devel/gnutls/Portfile
net/curl/Portfile
python/py-pygtk/Portfile
python/py-pygtk-devel/Portfile
mail/libidn2/Portfile
audio/pulseaudio/Portfile
graphics/gimp2/Portfile
graphics/gimp2-devel/Portfile

> pango built now, so resuming build of other stuff!
>
> I will not file a bug, since it is already corrected. This is me trying to
> determine pango versions which worked. I am very confused, I have not found a
> specific verison pattern - as I noted in the trac ticket.
>
> Thanks!
>
> Riccardo

  • [no subject] Ken Cunningham
    • Re: Riccardo Mottola via macports-users
      • Re: meson and NM Ken Cunningham