Ryan Schmidt wrote:

On May 26, 2024, at 14:33, Riccardo Mottola wrote:
> > Hi, > > MacVim is difficult to build, I want to get a version build on older versions of MacOS.
> I am trying to get a version building on 10.11. The current versions and most
previous versions don't build, because XCode 8 is expected. I have XCode 7.3.1
> > Going back in history I got to 8.1 155 > > this has build failing. > > Hunk #1 succeeded at 796 (offset 27 lines).
> --->  Running ibtool for Preferences.nib
> xcode-select: error: tool 'ibtool' requires Xcode, but active developer
directory '/Library/Developer/CommandLineTools' is a command line tools instance
> Command failed: ibtool --compile
src/MacVim/English.lproj/Preferences.nib/keyedobjects.nib
src/MacVim/English.lproj/Preferences.nib
> Exit code: 1
> Error: Failed to patch MacVim: command execution failed
> > > But, as said, I have XCode installed! what cold be wrong?

If you have the command line tools installed, then MacPorts uses them unless the portfile
says "use_xcode yes".

So make sure you checked oute4b3d80 and not an earlier commit where the version
was 8.1 155. If use_xcode is already in the Portfile you're using, you probably
need to run xcode-select.

- Josh