Hello Maxim,
thank you very much for indicating the article on Apple Developer.
I am final user of Fortran as a  physicist who developed some research software
just in Fortran.
The hardware based on Intel CPU i7 is about nine-years-old, so that I bought a
new iMac M3.
The new software Sonoma, now Sequoia, according to the article have an
architecture that is responsible for the signaled failure.

It is a pity that, attempting to work around the difficulty on Fortran changing
gcc port, I found all gcc's  branded as notoriously not working, with the
(apparent!) exception of gcc14.
As a naive user, I now think that problems with Fortran could be overcome with
appropriate patches to the linker. But, according to article, the problem is
rather old…

Otherwise inconvenient is the building procedure of gcc and its library: for
around an hour the cpu cores temperature is 100-108 Kelvin, on account that no
fan is present in iMac ...

Thank you,
best wishes,
Paolo