Hi,

I have been running Gentoo 64 bits for 1 month on my MacBookPro C2D. I
switched to Gentoo 32 bits more than 1 month ago.
This switch did NOT change anything to these problems:
- no powerplay (really annoying)
- no wakeup with ati-drivers >= 30.3

- dvi-out works on 32 bit, but I didn't test it when running 64bits
- my battery reporting seems reliable, but I didn't noticed any
problem under 64 bits
- wakeup works 95% of the time.

So I think that you can safely stay 64 bits.

Regards,