On Thu, 2007-04-26 at 09:21 -0700, Till Straumann wrote:
> Soeren Sonnenburg wrote:

> >> This is considerably better than an mbp c2d.  If you don't set
> >> powerstate to the lowest state what do you get?
> >>

> > around 30W
> >

> I can't confirm that the ATI powerstate makes 10W
> of a difference. In my case savings are only somewhere
> between 0-2W  (mbp c1d).

Ahh, sorry, I misread the email. I meant when I put the c1d to 2.1GHz I
get around 30W. regarding ati, I observe exactly the same thing ~1-2W
savings with powersave.

> I don't do anything to the fans and unless the CPU gets
> busy (ondemand governor) the temperature doesn't
> seem to be excessive.

I am also using the ondemand governor, but in addition force the minimum
fan speed a little higher (it is already 24 C in Berlin nowadays...)

Soeren