I've gotten real unreliable results using this method.  I have even been having
Voiceover go off and I can rarely get the music to stop like it's supposed too.
 I now have a headphone adapter that seems to work better.  If I get as mad at
this thing as I was this morning too many times, I don't want to think about
what will happen to the poor thing.  Thanks to all who replied.