I am surprised to hear that facebook is giving people so many
problems. I actually have found that voice over is better than JAWS in
certain situations. As far as doing basic things like commenting on
status updates, when you are reading through and you come to the word
"comment" hit VO+Spacebar. This will bring up a text box. to get to
anyone's profile simply open the links list and go to the person's
name that you're looking for. This will open their profile. You can
also click on "Friends" and than find your friend that way. Another
tip is to turn on tab browsing. to do this go into preferences in
Safari and find Advanced. Check the box that allows the tab key to
work like it does on a PC, which moves through links. Option + tab
will move you to buttons and text boxes.

Sorry about the weird post before. I am still new at this and I didn't
mean to write my response in the subject line.  If anyone has any more
questions just let me know.

Alena