> Hi John,

You asked:
> How can you apply certain
> formatting attributes to text that do not have a keyboard shortcut?
> Take double spacing for example. I can highlight any text I want with
> voiceover, but double spacing does not have a specific keyboard
> shortcut. Furthermore, when I have selected text, and stop interacting
> with it so I can move to the spacing button, it is dimmed. The same is
> true of all other formatting options, they're all dimmed.
> Using voiceover, how is it possible to apply formatting that does not
> have a keyboard shortcut, such as double spacing?

TK:  You'll need to turn cursor tracking off to perform these actions.

• Select the text you wish to format.
• Turn Cursor Tracking off by pressing VO-Shift-f3 (add FN on a Laptop).
• Stop Interacting with the Layout area.
• Navigate to the respective formating control.
• Don't forget to turn Cursor Tracking on again (same command as
turning it off), otherwise you may be frustrated with some actions of
VO.

JJH:  Also, on a related  note, how can I tell what page of a document
I'm on?

TK:  This part of the document doesn't appear to be read by VO.  You
could go to the Toolbar, activate the View pop-up menu and turn on
thumbnail view which would allow you to quickly see how many pages you
have and instantly navigate to specific pages.  Not exactly what
you're looking for but hope it helps.

Later...

> Tim Kilburn

& Carter the Canine