Good evening,

I have found out that xcode supports pyObjC bindings.  Which means
that you can create cocoa GUIs with python.  This should provide for
accessible applications, but I imagine the learning curve is quite
steep.  There is also support for PHP binding to cocoa, but I don't
believe that it is built into xcode.

HTH,
Everett