Hi listers,
When running orca in fusion, there is an easy way to change its
modifier key without going into a terminal in ubuntu. Since this is
relevant to fusion and the mac, I'm posting it here. These are the
instructions.
First, within ubuntu, go into the keyboard settings, which is under
the preferences menu. Next, select apple  as the keyboard type. Hit
tab, and under variant, select laptop. Next, hit the more options
button. The first button that comes up says caps lock. Press it, and
then you can select different radio buttons that modify the caps lock
function. The one you want to press is swap caps lock with escape.
Essentially, this makes the two keys change position on your keyboard.
This is important, because fusion sends escape through to the vm. It
does not do this with caps lock when it is held down. Now that caps
lock and escape have been swapped, you can use escape as your orca
modifier key successfully. Don't forget to hit the button that says
apply system wide when you're done. Also, don't forget to have orca's
keyboard layout set to laptop.
Hope that helps someone, as I find the terminal instructions to create
key mapping files quite cryptic. .

Thanks,
John