Hello Pierre,

Pierre Heim wrote:

> is it possible to change the voice for the login window? Alex sounds
> fine but not for German localization *g*

To change the voice (for example, to Klaus or Sarah from the Infovox
iVox German voices), bring up the VoiceOver utility with VO-F8, press
's' to select "Speech" in the table of utility categories, then tab to
the pane for setting voices. You'll hear "Voices, selected tab 1 of
2". You can select and choose settings for the Voice you use for
Default Voice, Content, Status, Type, Attributes, and VoiceOver menu
announcements.  VO-Right arrow to the pop up buttons beside each
category and press (VO-Space), then use arrow keys and letters to
select your voice from all the available options.  VO-Right arrow to
set default rate, pitch, and volume for each voice. You can do this
either by typing a number between 1 and 100 in the text field or by
using your up and down arrow keys on the adjusters when you VO-Right
arrow past the text field inputs.

You can also edit pronunciation by choosing the Pronunciation tab of
the Speech options in VoiceOver Utility.  Use either VO-Right Arrow
from the Voices tab or item chooser menu (VO-I) and type "t a b" to
navigate to the Pronunciation tab, then return.  VO-Space on the tab
to select it. VO-Right arrow and interact with the table for examples
of text words or phrases and the substituted pronunciation. To add a
pronunciation fix, stop interacting with the table and VO-Right to the
"Add" button and press (VO-Space).  A pronunciation dialog window will
come up, with prompts for you to enter the text you wish to edit and
the new pronunciation, along with the group categories/applications in
which you wish this to be used. There are buttons to "play", "cancel"
or "save" that will close the dialog window.  When you're finished,
use Command-W to close the VoiceOver Utility window.

Cheers,

Esther