> Hi Mike,

You asked:  Is there a way of funneling playing audio through a USB
snd card while

> having VO use the internal snd card?
> I'm quite frequently asked to provide music for small gatherings and
> I'm thinking how nice it would be to use a usb card for the music
> while having VO use the internal with my headset connected.
> Of course I'm always asked for requests and I don't think they would
> like to hear VO speaking my searches while the music is playing. LOL

TK:  You could use an Airport Express with AirTunes to accomplish
this.  All you'd need to do is connect the audio cable from the sound
system into a properly configured Airport Express.  Then, when in
iTunes, down near the bottom of the window, there is a pop-up where
you can choose where you'd like to output the songs, choices are
Computer or Mike's Airport depending on how you've named your
Airport.  Airport Expresses are available from the Apple Store.

HTH.

Later...

Tim Kilburn
& Carter the Canine