No computer is completely invulnerable to attacks.  The Mac OS is far
safer than Windows. Saying that your best bet is to take a machine
offline to protect it is like saying that you're not going to drive
your car until accidents are eliminated. It's frankly ridiculous.

I haven't read anything on any news sources, Mac or otherwise, that
any hackers are targeting Macs specifically. There were a couple of
Trojans earlier in the year if you downloaded and installed pirated
copies of iWork or Adobe CS4, and frankly if you're pirating software,
you deserve whatever's coming to you. You break the law, you take your
chances.

More recently, there was notification from a security firm about a
vulnerability in Java, which can potentially be exploited on Macs,
(and other systems that run Java applets on the web), but again, this
is a known problem with no known malicious uses in the wild.

Is it possible that you're just trying to get a rise out of us? Sure
looks that way. Links to where you are getting this, almost certainly
erroneous, information would be interesting.

You can bet, just like the trojans and Java flaws, such a story would
be all over the Mac news sites. I see not a one.

Josh de Lioncourt
        …my other mail provider is an owl…

Twitter: http://twitter.com/Lioncourt
Music: http://stage19music.com