From: Accessibility <accessibil...@apple.com>
Subject: Re: Help with VoiceOver

Hi Gary:

I tried the Dictionary and there seems to be a bug that prevents it
from reading the definitions. Here's what I did:

After typing "Apple", you'll get the list of results. You have to stop
interacting with the search field or the VO cursor will be stuck
inside the toolbar at the top of the window.  Press Control-Option-
Shift-UpArrow to stop interacting, then move the VO cursor right a few
times until you hear "scroll area" or "HTML content area". It changes
depending on what's being displayed.  When you hear this, press
Control-Option-A to read the contents.  You can press Control to stop
on an item and use the VO arrow keys to move around the list. Pressing
return selects it and changes the window to display the definition.
Unfortunately, it also moves the VO cursor back to the search field (a
bug).  So, you have to stop interacting and move back down the the
HTML content area to hear the definition. Pressing Control-Option-A
starts to read the definition, but when I looked up Apple, it
stuttered and had a problem reading.

I'll make sure the engineers are notified. Sorry this happened to be
one of the apps that doesn't seem to be working right.