  From: Josh de Lioncourt
  To: macvisionaries@googlegroups.com
  Sent: Thursday, June 11, 2009 12:05 PM
  Subject: Re: voice over comes to the I phone

  On Jun 9, 2009, at 8:36 PM, Alex Jurgensen wrote:
    The criteria is that TomTom wants exclusive rights to Turn by Turn
    directions.

    So they have them.

  Do you have a source for such information? I haven't seen anything that
claims Tomtom has exclusive rights to turn-by-turn. Google Maps cannot be used
for turn-by-turn, due to Apple's contract with Google, but there's nothing to
stop other iPhone developers from creating turn-by-turn apps with their own
maps, and nothing that says that Tomtom has any sort of exclusive. Such an
exclusive would be strange, in any event, since the Tomtom app doesn't come
with the phone, but is available for purchase from the iPhone app store.

  Josh de Lioncourt
  …my other mail provider is an owl…

  Twitter: http://twitter.com/Lioncourt
  Music: http://stage19music.com