You should contact Apple and register the machine with them. I may be
wrong on this since I have not purchased a machine in this way, but
when you install the OS, you register and that info is updated. You
could call Apple Care at (1-800) 275-2273 and see if you can register
it in your name. Either way, I don't think it will make any
difference. Either way, I would not be concerned about this because of
course once you get your copy of Snow Leopard, you would be
registering it in your name and there is as far as I can recall no
proof of purchase required when purchasing the upgrade.