Hmmm, to reset the iPod itself, you would slide the switch to the
right, then slide it back to the left, and immediately hold down the
bottom half of the wheel and the center button. I'm pretty sure that
is correct, it has been a while. If I can think of anything else, I'll
let you know, but this is rather strange.