Hi,

What model macbook do you have?  Any chance your
numeric pad lock was on and instead on characters
on the right side of the keyboard, you're getting
numeric values?

Try the reset password option but use one that's
on the left like only, aka  "asdf" just for fun.

Also, try hooking up an external USB keyboard for fun, if you have one.

--Scott

--
--Scott