Maybe so, but it will be worth upgrading and the cost is so unreal, it
doesn't make much since to skip this upgrade. There are other reasons
beyond accessibility to upgrade. I can guarantee you that $30 is a
very small price to pay for the improvements and many of which you may
not have considered or realized.
On Jul 7, 2009, at 2:47 AM, william lomas wrote:

> i doubt we get new voices except maybe the ones found in the i phone.
> I am going to wait to upgrade i think, what I have now works fine.
> UPgrading won't give us for example, access to flash content so no
> point in me upgrading since a lot of sites I use, require flash
> navigation which adobe have not yet incorporated into the safari or
> other web browsers
>
> On 7 Jul 2009, at 02:53, Jenny Kennedy wrote:
>

>> Yay! I'm very very glad to hear this wonderful news. A little
>> bummed I
>> don't have a fancy trackpad. I have heard some of the iPhone demos
>> and
>> gestures just sound so cool and fun.   I guess I'll just put up with
>> old tech. LOL I hope to get an iPhone in the future and will be happy
>> to wait 'til then to try gestures. Unless my getting a new macbook
>> happens first. But as this one is still fairly newish I'll wait. Who
>> know by the time it comes time for me to get a new macbook they'll of
>> come up with many more new and cool things. : smiley :
>> Can't wait 'til SL comes out. I know it's not too far off but. It
>> sounds so awesome. Am keen to hear any new voices. Have always liked
>> the UK voices. The best thing would be a UK version of Alex, with the
>> breths and all. I still think that's uber cool how Alex voice does
>> that.
>> Jenny
>>
>> On 7/6/09, Scott Howell <s.how...@verizon.net> wrote:
>>>
>>> Jenny, first only the Aluminum MacBooks contain the multi-touch
>>> trackpad unless Apple upgrades the MacBook line-Remember the
>>> aluminum
>>> models are now referred to as the MacBook Pro line. Yes SL will work
>>> fine on your model. The most significant requirement is it must be
>>> an
>>> Intel processor since the Power PC chips, such as found in the G4/G5
>>> machines will not be supported by SL. I'd recommend you have at
>>> least
>>> 2Gb ram, but 1Gb will get the job done. The commands, which are
>>> issued
>>> from the trackpad are the same commands you can issue currently with