Hi there,
Try making several rules in one. I have all of the MacVisionary emails
go into one mailbox; IPhones into another and another for my Motorola
Cell phone list serve.

When you make a rule, choose "Subject contains" and then pick
something that usually appears in the subject. Then add  a From field
with different criteria. The combination usually works. It sometimes
takes me three or four tries before I get all of the emails into the
right mailbox.  b
Tom Frank
vermont...@gmail.com

On Jul 8, 2009, at 9:15 AM, Eliza Cooper wrote:

> Also, I tried just making a rule for putting everything list-related
> in a separate regular mailbox, and nothing went there, either.  Am I
> doomed to have a clogged inbox?
>       Eliza
>

> On Jul 8, 2009, at 4:58 AM, Krister Ekstrom wrote:
>

>> Hi,
>> Ok, call me stupid if you want, but i've never gotten the hang of
>> everything "smart" on the Mac. When you create a "smart" mailbox, you
>> are given a lot of criteria for what should be shown in that mailbox,
>> right? If so, there shouldn't be any need for also making a rule with
>> the same searching criteria to filter mails to a smart mail box that
>> also has these rules, right? Or what am i missing here?
>> I have also tried to make smart mailboxes for everything mac related,
>> but my rules aren't good enough apparently because nothing comes
>> through as it should. Either nothing goes in the smart box, or too
>> much unrelated goes there, so i've given up this smart thing
>> alltogether, for me, it just doesn't work.
>> /Krister
>>

>> 7 jul 2009 kl. 21.29 skrev Simon Cavendish:
>>

>>> Dear Eliza,
>>>
>>> You set rules under Mail preferences which you access  either
>>> through
>>> the menu bar under Mail, or by using the shortcut key command+comma.
>>> Then by interacting with the toolbar you can choose rules. In there,
>>> provided you have already created a mailbox to which you have given
>>> the names, you can set up the rule, like for isntance, if a mail
>>> comes
>>> from the address in To field, move it to the mailbox name. Hope this