I believe there is a VoiceOver command to do this, but I don't have the
command on hand.  If I find the command, I'll email yawl back.

Hth,

Portia.

From: macvisionaries@googlegroups.com
[mailto:macvisionar...@googlegroups.com] On Behalf Of Alex Jurgensen
Sent: Sunday, July 05, 2009 9:23 PM
To: macvisionaries@googlegroups.com
Subject: Re: Turning off MacBook screens?

Hi,

James,

Just continue with Screen Brightness and Screen Curtain together. I should
write a CLI script for this.

Regards,

Alex,

On 5-Jul-09, at 2:39 PM, James & Nash wrote:

Hi folks,

This might sound like an odd question, but as i cannot see the  screen I was
wondering if there was a way to turn it off? I know that you can turn the
screen brightness right down and use the Screen Curtain which effectively
does this which was what I used to do. But I was wondering if there was a
solution via the Command Line. In Linux, this can be achieved by something
like dpms off. This keeps the screen off until you either use dpms on our
restart the pc.

I have tried turning off my laptop screen in Windows, and JFW doesn't like
it too much. As VO is built directly into the system i assume it doesn't use
video intercept but instead gets its access info direct from the Mac OS X
kernel?

Thanks for any help that you can provide

Thank you for taking the time to read this.

Take care

James