Hello Simon, how are you doing?

Yes, you are correct in your assumption.

Both models, iPhone 3GS 16 GB, and iPhone 3GS 32 GB, contain VoiceOver
onboard.

The prices are as follows.  Keep in mind, I am listing the prices for
the AT&T versions of these phones.

If you are wanting to upgrade to a new two year agreement the prices
are as follows.
iPhone3GS 16GB $199.99
iPhone3GS 32GB $299.99

If AT&T allows you to do an early upgrade, in which that renews your
contract for two years within your current contract, the prices are as
follows.  Keep in mind, not everyone is eligible for a contract
renewal.  All it simply means is, that your currently under contract,
and if you are eligible, you can upgrade with the understanding that
you are extending your contract for another two years.  Remember, you
must be under contract already, for this to happen.  You usually have
to be under contract for about a year, and they will allow you to
upgrade early to a newer device.

iPhone 3GS 16GB $399.99
iPhone 3GS 32GB $499.99

If you feel like buying an iPHone straight, with no contract, and
under AT&T's retail price, the list is as follows.
iPhone 3GS 16GB $499.99
iPhone 3GS 32GB $599.99

I hope this helps.

Take care.