Hi Marie.  Unfortunately the effects window in audio hijack pro does
not work with VoiceOver.  From what I've heard, Rogue Amoeba is
planning on completely re-writing this aspect of the program, so they
have no plans to make it accessible as it is now.  I'm not sure when
the new effects system will be released.
Darcy