Hello Marie and all:

This sounds like the evil smtp server problem (grin).

Of course the questions you have heard all before most likely

1. is your smtp information correct ... the address ... proper port
numbers ... etc according to aim

2. Using the mail menus ... in particular ... the bring all accounts
online option in the mailbox menu ... have you checked to make sure
the accounts are online?

3. this next point might have absolutely nothing to do with this
though it might shed a little light on something. when you compose an
email ... before sending it use VO + left arrow to move to the left
of the body of the message. You should hear ... from followed by an
email address pop up button. use VO + spacebar to click on that button
and see if you have other email addresses in that list. If you have an
aim address in that list ... select it and then move to the right
using VO + right arrow. you should hear it say ... outgoing server. If
it is not the server you think should be used for the aim account use
VO + spacebar to activate the pop up button and see if you can find
the appropriate server. If you find it ... select it and then attempt
to send the email.

The reason I make that last suggestion because it will shed some light
as to whether or not mail is seeing things properly.

I hope I have not confused the situation more than is necessary.