Hi Gene,

I don't believe that SuperDuper is designed to back up to DVD.  I've
only known it to be used with hard drives and especially for the
purpose of creating a bootable clone (among other backup modes).  I
went to check their web site, and I'm pasting in their description:

<begin excerpt>
Please note that SuperDuper! is not designed to back up to CDs, DVDs
or Tape, and needs a location (other than the boot volume) to store
the backup - typically a volume on an internal or external (FireWire)
drive. SuperDuper! only copies HFS+ (Mac-native) volumes.
<end excerpt>

HTH

Cheers,

Esther