how do you import all your emails from outlook express?

----- Original Message -----
From: "Esther" <mori...@mac.com>
To: <macvisionaries@googlegroups.com>
Sent: Monday, August 03, 2009 8:44 PM
Subject: Re: safari book marks folder location?

Hi Trahern,

Barry is correct that your Safari bookmarks are stored in a file named
Bookmarks.plist under the Library/Safari folder for your account, but if you
want to create a file of bookmarks that you can easily transfer to any other
browser (such as Opera when it becomes fully accessible)  you can simply
navigate to the File menu on Safari's menu bar (VO-M; then press "F"), then
arrow down to "Export Bookmarks".  A dialogue window will appear that will
prompt you to type in a name for the exported file (or you can use the
default name of "Safari Bookmarks"), and the folder where you want to save
the file (default is "Documents", but you can change this by using VO-Space
on the pop up and choosing another folder; if you want to choose a specific
folder that is not listed in the pop up menu, use the "Go to Folder"
shortcut of Command-Shift-G and then type in the path to the folder you want
in the text field.

The file you save will be an HTML file (e.g., "Safari Bookmarks.html"), and
you can add these bookmarks to any browser by importing this file via the
file menu.  This is also the best way to get Favorites from Netscape or
Internet Explorer into Safari if you are moving from Windows to the Mac --
export your bookmarks using the File menu of Netscape, Internet Explorer,
Firefox, or other browser and then import that file into Safari using its
File menu.

Of course, you can simply save the Bookmarks.plist file as well, but that
file can only be used by Safari on your Mac, while the exported HTML file
that contains your bookmarks can be used by any other browser on other
operating systems.

HTH

Cheers,

Esther