  From: erik burggraaf
  To: macvisionaries@googlegroups.com
  Sent: Wednesday, August 19, 2009 1:37 PM
  Subject: Re: apple os x and braille displays

  Hi anouk,

  You can rest easy.  As far as I know there are only two features of the bc640
that aren't supported.  That would be bluetooth and braille input.  Bluetooth
is going to be hear in Snowleppard, and we can hope for braille input.

  When you get your macbook and plug in your bc640, press vo f8 to open the
voice over utility.
  Press b for braille.
  Tab to display, then right arrow to input.
  There you will find a list of all the commands the BC640 can perform, and you
will have the option of changing each one to make the layout more to your
liking.
  I think my braille connect has about 170 or so commands for it.  Can't
confirm because I basicly use it for reading long documents like books and
manuals and it's not plugged in right now.  As far as I know the braille
display support has come almost exclusively from apple with little or no help
from the manufacturers.  I'm not sure why the manufacturers wouldn't want in on
the design so they could include apple computers in their list of supported
devices if nothing else, but as long as it works I shall not complain.

  Best,
  erik burggraaf
  A+ sertified technician and user support consultant.
  Phone: 888-255-5194
  Email: e...@erik-burggraaf.com