Okay, I've changed the subject line here from Audio Editors to Audio
Hijack Pro as Audio Hijack Pro is not an audio editor.

Like just about every Mac programme I use here, you don't need to win
the lottery to buy Audio Hijack Pro, I bought it in a bundle with
Fission quite some time ago, think it was $48.00 for both applications.

The interface of Audio Hijack Pro is really very straight forward and
I'll summarise it here, When the programme is launched, the first
thing which has keyboard focus is the "Component And Sessions List"
table, this is where you select the component or session you wish to
hijack or record from, to the left of this table is a toolbar which
has buttons on it like record, pause, split to new file, Hijack, Mute
and so on - many of these buttons have keyboard shortcuts associated
with them.

What is displayed on the screen to the right of this table depends on
the session selected, if you have the "Recording Bin" selected -
that's where new recordings go - then options pertaining to the bin
such as "Edit" and "Move To Trash" will be displayed along a table
listing all the files in the bin.  If you have an application or
component selected then you'll see 5 tabs one after the other and they
are Input, Schedule, Recording, Tags and Effects.  Each of these tabs
pretty much explains itself, input allows you to set input and output
settings for your session, Schedule allows you to schedule a start and
stop time for your hijacking or recording of the session, Recording
allows you to specify settings for the recording of your session such
as audio file format, sample rate, what to do with passages of
silence, limits and so on.  Tags allows you to set up file tagging for
the session and Effects allows you to apply effects to the file such
as a limiter, EQ and so on.

Again this summary is a very basic summary but I thought I'd write it
just to give you an idea of the Interface and what the application can
do, if you're into audio then this is an application in my view worth
having.

On 22/08/2009, at 9:25 PM, Krister Ekstrom wrote:

> Hi,
> I have never gotten the hang of Audio Hijack Pro. I don't know the
> first thing about what to do with it. I understand vaguely that you
> can sorta record from any input, but how is beyond me. Some day, when
> i've won the lottery, :-) i'll register it and then i have the
> possibility to play with it some more, but for now... well, as i say i
> don't know the first thing about it and the interface just makes me
> confused.
> /Krister
>

> 21 aug 2009 kl. 21.29 skrev Dane Trethowan:
>
>> I have both and both pieces of software were - as far as
>> I'mconcerned - worth every cent I paid for them.  Audio Hijack Pro
>> and Amadeus Pro still have some accessibility issues but on the
>> whole both products are perfectly usable.  Both pieces of software
>> have trial ware versions so take them for a spin and see how you
>> like them.
>>

>> On 22/08/2009, at 12:35 AM, Donna Goodin wrote:
>>
>>> Ah. Thanks for the clarification Dane.  As I said, I haven’t had
>>> much time to play around with this yet, so don’t have direct
>>> experience with either program.
>>> Best,
>>> Donna

Dane Trethowan