Anouk, I didn't find the interface to be much of an issue, but I was
disappointed in the fact I could not use my scanner because it is a
network appliance and not connected directly to the machine.  I may
contact them again and see if I can push them into making this
possible. I was also confused by the fact the preferences was grayed
out. My assumption was the software allowed for various preferences to
be set, but that menu was not available.
Guess I need to try to get in touch with someone who can address the
issues better than Tech Support.