Hello,

I'm not sure whether people will find this useful, but if you've made
a selection, and then go to the Selection menu on the Amadeus Pro menu
bar to choose "Generate Markers" and then just press enter (without
changing any of the settings in the dialog window that appears),
you'll get markers generated at every silence point (that is at least
1 second long) over your selection.  This is really helpful if you
want to split off or edit sections at gaps.  I believe the markers get
placed at the middle of silence gaps.  So if you've made a selection
by manually placing markers at the beginning and end, and you want to
get a "clean" break, you can generate markers over your selected
region, then use "s" to move the starting point of your selection
ahead in time (into the part where someone has started talking), and
use "d" to move the ending point of your selection slightly back in
time (where the comment is not finished), then use command-right arrow
and command-left arrow to push the selection boundaries to match the
automatically placed silence markers at the start and end of your
selection.  (Hope this doesn't sound too confusing!).

Another example: If I record a cassette tape of songs with Amadeus
Pro, I can use the "Generate Markers" option, and if I select all
(Command-A) after trimming the start and end, and then choose a time
for the silence gap of something like 20 seconds, I can use the "Split
according to markers" command in the "Sound" menu to automatically
split the recording up into its component songs.

Cheers,

Esther

Søren Jensen wrote:

> True. I forgot to tell that. Another nice thing is that you can read
> the selected zoom level with the VO-cursor.
> Best regards:
> Søren Jensen
> Mail & MSN:
> s...@coolfortheblind.dk
> Website:
> http://www.coolfortheblind.dk/
>
> Woody Anna Dresner wrote:
>

>> Thanks for the great info, Soren! One thing I can add is that
>> changing
>> the zoom level changes how quickly you can make noticeable changes
>> with A, S, D, and F. Command-G decreases the zoom level and Command-
>> Shift-G increases it. So if those letter commands don't appear to be
>> doing anything, press Command-Shift-G and try them again.
>>
>> Best,
>> Anna
>>

>> On Aug 24, 2009, at 10:33 AM, Søren Jensen wrote:
>>

>>> Hi Gene.
>>>
>>> First of all, I recommend you to do the following:
>>> 1: Open up the preferences by pressing command comma.
>>> 2: Choose the general tab
>>> 3: Move the VO-cursor to the left for some weird reason, and find
>>> the
>>> playback settings. Set the "If selection is empty" to "Play from
>>> insertion point." If you change this setting, your playhead will
>>> always follow your insertion point if you moves your insertion
>>> ppoint
>>> by pressing the left or right arrow keys.
>>>
>>> If you wanna select a part of your audiofile, you can do the
>>> following:
>>> 1: Press the spacebar to start the playback.
>>> 2: Press the spacebar again to pause the playback when you have
>>> found
>>> the place where you wanna start your selection.
>>> 3: Now, you can choose to select in 3 different ways:
>>> 1: If you wanna select a few seconds, you can simply hold down the
>>> shift key, and then select by pressing the right arrow key. Please
>>> note that  the audio has to be stopped or paused to be able to
>>> select
>>> anything. You can always press the spacebar to hear how much you
>>> have
>>> selected.
>>> 2: You can place a marker at the playheads perfsition by pressing
>>> the
>>> p-key
>>> 3: Or you can press command y to move the insertion point to the
>>> playhead, and then press m to place a marker.
>>> If you use step 2 or 3 to start your selection, you have to find the
>>> perfsition in the audiofile where you wanna end your selection. So
>>> start the playback again by pressing the spacebar, pause when you
>>> wanna end your selection and re-peed either step 2 or 3 to place a
>>> second marker.
>>> Now you have placed two markers, so now you have to select the audio
>>> between these two markers you've placed. You can do that by pressing
>>> command left arrow if you have focussed on the last marker you've
>>> placed, or command right arrow, if you've focussed on the first
>>> marker
>>> you've placed. You can move between the markers by pressing option
>>> left and right arrow.
>>> When you have made a selection, you can then move the left edge of
>>> your selection to the left or right by pressing a or s, or you can
>>> move the right edge of the selection by pressing d or f. You can
>>> also
>>> press e to hear what it sounds like if you delete the selected
>>> audio.
>>>
>>> If you wanna enable the loop playback, you can do it in the
>>> following
>>> way:
>>> 1: Find the "Loop playback" with the VO-cursor, and check the