Actually both links worked for me, with the first having issues..not that
i am using your hardware though.
Here  is the article for those experiencing  difficulty.
>From klewel...@server1.shellworld.net Tue Aug 25 15:20:40 2009
Date: Tue, 25 Aug 2009 14:20:40 -0500 (CDT)
From: Karen Lewellen <klewel...@server1.shellworld.net>
To: klewel...@server1.shellworld.net
Subject: AppleInsider | Apple to retain, redesign plastic MacBook family

    #AppleInsider RSS

    $bbtitle
    AAPL: 170.012 ( +0.952 )
    RSS RSS Twitter Twitter
    Search: __________________________
    AppleInsider.com Archives News Bytes Reviews Anonymous Mailer Submit
    Story AppleInsider Forums Mac Prices Polls Advertise on AppleInsider
    Contact AppleInsider

     Save up to $280 on new MacBook Pros and up to $234 on new iMacs with
      special coupons: Mac Pricing Guide updated Aug 24th (Find the best
                               prices on Macs).

    Tuesday, August 25, 2009

    Apple to retain, redesign plastic MacBook family

    By Kasper Jade
    Published: 12:40 PM EST

    Related AppleInsider articles:
      * Apple's next iMacs rumored with compelling new...
      * Apple to introduce more affordable Macs,...
      * Apple updates white 13-inch MacBook to NVIDIA...
      * Economy, opportunity seen leading to $599...
      * iPods, MacBooks, iMacs up next on Apple's 2008...

    Once rumored for extinction, Apple's entry-level polycarbonate MacBooks
    are on the verge of a refresh that will solidify them at the base of
    the Mac maker's notebook offerings for the foreseeable future,
    AppleInsider has learned.
    People familiar with Cupertino-based company's plans say the 13-inch
    portables are presently undergoing an industrial design overhaul that
    will see them reemerge in the coming months with a slimmer, lighter
    enclosure and restructured internal architecture to boot.
    It'll be the first time in more than three years that the plastic Mac
    notebooks will receive a visual tune-up. Introduced in May of 2006, the
    white and black systems replaced the PowerPC-based iBook and 12-inch
    PowerBook as part of Apple's transition to Intel processors and quickly
    became the best selling Mac of all time, according to statistics from
    NPD Group.
    The MacBooks were also among the first Macs to adopt Apple's MagSafe
    power connector while pioneering several other features that would
    become staples of future Mac notebook designs, such as shrunken
    soft-touch keyboards, glossy displays, and a non-mechanical magnetic
    latches (see: Magnet madness to hit Intel iBook line - Feb 2006).
    Earlier this spring, Apple restructured its notebook offerings by
    repositioning its aluminum unibody MacBooks as premium offerings under
    the MacBook Pro moniker, adding long-requested features such as
    FireWire and higher-quality displays. This left the company with just a
    single MacBook offering, a white polycarbonate model that retails for
    $999 but sticks out like a sore thumb when positioned alongside its
    peers.
    Still, sales of the sub-$1000 system have remained surprisingly brisk
    amid the economic crunch, leaving management little choice but to
    allocate R&D expenses in its favor. As of press time, Apple's online
    store indicates that the white MacBook is outselling all other Macs
    with the exception of the iMac, while similar rankings from high-volume
    resellers like MacMall also consistently place it in the top 10 best
    selling Apple-related products overall, ahead of all desktop-based
    Macs.
    While it's unclear how many models or configurations Apple will
    introduce as part the redesign, Ben Reitzes -- an analyst with Barclays
    Capital who's been following the Mac maker for years -- sees the
    company offering several, at various price points.
    "We [...] believe the MacBook line needs to be revamped (there is only
    one MacBook available now, an old white model) and that we could see a
    lower priced line soon, positioned below the new MacBook Pro models,"
    he said.
    Reitzes' comments on price points echo expectations laid out by
    AppleInsider this past April in its report on more affordable Macs.
    More specifically, it's believed that Apple is well-positioned to begin
    offering a model at considerable discount to the $999 entry-level model
    that exists today, further narrowing the gap with its Windows-based
    competitors.

                                    MacBook
    Introduced in May of 2006, the current MacBook design has about run its
                                    course.

    Though details are few and far between, Apple is expected to achieve
    these markdowns through largely existing tactics, such as using
    lower-end components and previous-generation Core 2 Duo chips and
    architectures from Intel Corp. Battery life should receive a boost from
    cutting-edge technology that recently found its way into the company's
    other notebook offerings, while high-end legacy features like FireWire
    connectivity are likely to be sacrificed in the tradeoff.
    This strategy more closely conforms to Apple's DNA than alternatives
    that were under consideration late last year. For instance,
    AppleInsider has heard from multiple sources that the company toyed
    with the prospect of throwing an Intel Atom processor into the existing
    white MacBook enclosure as interim solution aimed at delivering a
    low-cost Mac portable for those consumers eying a Mac but hit hard by
    the recession.
    However, at least one person familiar with the matter claims the
    initiative was abandoned indefinitely earlier this year, around the
    time that management solidified the forthcoming Newton web tablet for a
    first quarter 2010 roll-out and instituted a significant restructuring
    of the Apple TV development team.
    Regardless of how the pieces fell into place, AppleInsider believes the
    bigger story is how Apple, once discounted for its role as a niche
    player in the market for premium computing products, is rapidly
    adjusting to having been broadsided by the sudden economic downturn. In
    a matter of mere months, it's successfully applied the same
    fundamentals and expertise that made it king of the luxury computing
    market to the space reserved for those strapped for cash. And it's
    doing so with class.

                                Q2CY2010 Lineup
    An assessment of Apple's portable computing lineup for Q2CY10 based on
               information presently available to AppleInsider.

    Come the second quarter of next year, the company -- whose repertoire
    three years ago lacked a compelling offering for under a grand -- will
    off a staggering array of portable solutions ranging from $99 to $999.
    This includes the $99 iPhone 3G, $199-$499 iPhone 3GS, a sub-$999
    MacBook family, and a multi-touch tablet device wedged between the
    latter two when fully subsidized.
    Apple's new line of low-end MacBooks could be viewed as the last piece
    to the puzzle in Apple's top-to-bottom line of product offerings,
    transitioning the company from a premium PC and phone manufacturer to
    one that offers truly competitive prices on products in both
    categories.
    Considering chief executive Steve Jobs's comments just last year that
    Apple is incapable of making a $500 computer to compete with netbooks
    that wouldn't be a "piece of junk," such a move would complete a subtle
    but significant metamorphosis for the Silicon Valley heavyweight,
    positioning it as an electronics maker offering a compelling portfolio
    of feature-rich products at virtually every price point.
    Filed under : Future Hardware            [ 42 Comments ]
    Story topics: MacBook           [ Print ] [ Story Link ]

    [LINK]
    RSS
      * Most Recent Headlines

      * New Apple Mac ad features familiar face, Blu-ray PC adoption low
      * Apple to retain, redesign plastic MacBook family
      * Manhattan's Upper West Side to have Apple Store this year
      * New Parallels bundle aims to ease switch from PC to Mac
      * Upcoming Apple tablet is No. 1 priority of Steve Jobs - report
      * Apple drops Palm OS HotSync conduit from Snow Leopard

    RSS
      * iPhone Blog Headlines

      * Rhapsody hopes to bring streaming subscriptions to iPhone
      * Official Wikipedia app released for iPhone
      * Google's My Location comes to iPhone 3.0
      * Belkin intros first 3.0-compatible iPhone add-on

    RSS
      * Backpage Headlines

      * Apple retail stores in Tex., Mass. to open this weekend
      * Apple releases updates for Remote Desktop admin, client
      * Apple releases iPhoto 8.1 update for printing options
      * Apple releases updates for AirPort, Boot Camp

    Mac Poker players can play Full Tilt Poker for Mac and get 100% to $600
    free with bonus code MP600, courtesy of Online Poker Mac

    AppleInsider Features

Apple to retain, redesign plastic MacBook...

Apple to release Mac OS X Snow Leopard on...

Apple responds to FCC inquiry over Google...

Apple's next iMacs rumored with compelling new...

Apple releases Mac OSX 10.5.8 update

Apple's much-anticipated tablet device coming...

Apple profits rise 15% on sales of 2.6M Macs,...

Apple may extend antiglare display option to...

Hospital says Steve Jobs in 'excellent' state...

Review: Apple's new iPhone 3G S and iPhone...

AT&T drops iPhone 3G S prices for early iPhone...

Apple releases iPhone Software 3.0

Live coverage from Apple's Worldwide...

Apple releases Mac OS X 10.5.7, Safari 3.2.3 &...

Apple to introduce more affordable Macs,...

    more...

    Hot Forum Topics

Apple responds to FCC inquiry over Google... (273)

Apple to release Mac OS X Snow Leopard on... (196)

Apple Mac mini purchase claimed to ship with... (139)

School shoppers choose netbooks over Apple,... (129)

Microsoft hopes to take on Apple with dual... (127)

Poor bets placed on Apple taking dual tablet... (117)

Apple predicted to sell 5M copies of Snow... (108)

Apple expected to push for greater living room... (99)

Upcoming Apple tablet is No. 1 priority of... (95)

Briefly: Snow Leopard ship date, iPhone 3GS HD... (84)

Psystar claims Apple exec... (79)

Canalys: iPhone outsold all Windows Mobile... (75)

Report: iTunes 9 to support DVD ripping,... (66)

Apple takes double-digit PC market share in... (62)

Briefly: Apple hit with copyright suit, Snow... (60)

    more...

    Recent Articles
    Briefly: New Apple Mac ad features familiar face, Blu-ray PC adoption
    low
    Apple to retain, redesign plastic MacBook family
    Manhattan's Upper West Side to have Apple Store this year
    New Parallels bundle aims to ease switch from PC to Mac
    Upcoming Apple tablet is No. 1 priority of Steve Jobs - report
    Apple drops Palm OS HotSync conduit from Snow Leopard
    Apple predicted to sell 5M copies of Snow Leopard at launch
    Briefly: Apple lobbies government, Fifth Ave. store sales booming
    Apple to release Mac OS X Snow Leopard on August 28
    Google responds to FCC, Skype rejection claims
    Apple Mac mini purchase claimed to ship with Snow Leopard disc
    Apple responds to FCC inquiry over Google Voice dilemma
    Canalys: iPhone outsold all Windows Mobile phones in Q2 2009
    Briefly: Apple hit with copyright suit, Snow Leopard preorder
    Psystar claims Apple exec "unprepared" for testimony
    Apple releases Logic Express 9 with new instruments, effects
    Briefly: Snow Leopard ship date, iPhone 3GS HD video
    Google to join Apple, AT&T in FCC hot seat
    Yahoo issues, retracts complaint about Apple's App Store
    Apple takes double-digit PC market share in Canada
    Apple expected to push for greater living room presence
    Apple investigates in-call iPhone file transfer feature
    Palm rejected Apple's no employee poaching offer - report
    Apple releases MacBook Pro hard drive firmware update
    Microsoft hopes to take on Apple with dual mobile platforms
    Report: iTunes 9 to support DVD ripping, Facebook
    Apple's campaign to win the App Store publicity battle
    Poor bets placed on Apple taking dual tablet route in September
    iPhone sales predicted to top 80 million by 2012
    Briefly: Mac customer satisfaction, Apple-Beatles rumor
    School shoppers choose netbooks over Apple, for now
    "Exploding" iPhones in Europe prompt Apple-led investigation
    iTunes a quarter of music sales; Apple a third of Wi-Fi use
    Apple aware of iPhone OS 3.0 e-mail security bug
    Expert speculates Apple's new data center to be for cloud computing
    Apple expected to sell 2.7 million Macs in fall quarter
    Apple annual music event to be held Sept. 9 - report
    Dell, Apple look to compete in Chinese smartphone market
    Apple attempted to silence newspaper profile of Steve Jobs
    Apple accuses Psystar of destroying evidence in latest court filing

    AppleInsider Market Place

    Sell your Laptop - working or not. Free shipping.: Get an instant
    online quote and sell your laptop today !

    Believe in Office: Save Up To 25% on Office 2004 For Mac. Visit Our
    Site for Details!

    IBackup - SMB Online Backup: IBackup is the preferred online storage
    and backup service of choice for SMBs for its ease of use, security and
    value. Offers automated backup and restore, file selection and securiy.
    Download free software - everyday updated freeware files

                                    [LINK]
                                    [LINK]

                             AppleInsider RSS Feed
                           AppleInsider ? 1997-2008
                       Please review our Privacy Policy.
              Written/Edited/Compiled by the AppleInsider Staff.

    Quantcast