As I recall, we did not try to combine VO with Firefox (and the
FireVox extension).  IIRC, FireVox on its own was able to
read content shown on the Firefox window aloud, which was
what we were looking for at the time.  I don't remember whether
we ran into any other issues when trying it out, though - but
I will try to install it again, and play with it a bit, then report
back.

Moises