If you have more stuff than will fit on a 9GB DVD are you sure you want
to continue without a backup? Making a second copy onto the same drive
is not really a backup. If the drive fails, or you accidentally format
the drive or your computer is stolen it will all be gone. You can get an
external USB 250GB drive for about $50 from newegg or the like. I'd
think about going that direction before trying to repartition your drive.

CB