how do I boot to a external hard drive?
also what is the utility called?
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Chris Blouch
  To: macvisionaries@googlegroups.com
  Sent: Thursday, August 27, 2009 11:55 AM
  Subject: Re: program to split a 6 gig dmg in to 2 dvds?

  That doesn't break it into two pieces. A single external volume of sufficient
size could hold your 6GB image. Disk utility can clone your DMG to another
device (USB thumb drive, hard drive or whatever). You just can't use a DMG
that's been cut into two separate volumes.

  CB

  ben mustill-rose wrote:
Would something like
http://discussions.apple.com/thread.jspa?threadID=1233627