you will have problems with jaws and it not reading jaws cursor
you will keep having to switch your screen resulution back to 1024/768

----- Original Message -----
From: "Scott Chesworth" <scottcheswo...@gmail.com>
To: <macvisionaries@googlegroups.com>
Sent: Monday, August 31, 2009 2:19 AM
Subject: Re: Question: V M Ware Fusion or Parallels Desktop

Hi Mark,

You'll be wanting to give Vmware Fusion a try I think.  Virtual Box is
free, and fairly usable true, but Vmware Fusion is by far the most
accessible and well rounded product out of these 3.  With your email
address being what it is it's safe for me to assume you're in
education of some sort, which means you should be able to pick up
Fusion for $40 last I checked.

Re which screen reader to use when, basically you'd use VO whenever
you're highlighted on and performing something in Mac OS, your Windows
screen reader of choice whenever you're focused on or performing
something in Windows.  Switching between the two OS's in Fusion is a
synch, simply alt tab to Fusion, grab keyboard input with command-G
and your mac will largely forget it's a mac until you tell it to
remember.  Both OS's are fully functional in the background when
you're not focused on them, so it's very possible on a powerful
machine to have the best of both worlds simultaneously.

the one thing I'd say about Virtualisation is that, even though we're
now running native on Intel chips, it still takes a slight performance
hit with every system I've seen.  You'll notice a slight lag or
sluggishness in Windows Virtualised if you're fussy about performance,
but for everyday tasks and assuming you're mainly going to be using
Mac OS, the convenience outweighs the sluggishness.  If however the
remaining stuff you use Windows for is very system intensive, Boot
Camp was probably your best option, but let's hope not eh.

hth
Scott