Hello Everyone,

Just a quick update to thank you all for the wonderful help I received with
my V M Ware Fusion project.

I have been accepted into the private Beta program for V M Ware.  As a
result, I am now using Fusion 11.x.  I tell you all this not to boast but so
that you will know that any comments I make on the program are based on an
as yet unreleased version of Fusion.

I am absolutely delighted to report that Windows 7 is running beautifully on
my MacBook Pro.  I am amazed at how fast the virtual machine functions.
There is truly no delay in processing, at least, none that I can discern.
The audio drivers work fine with Jaws 11.  Oh yes, I decided to install the
public beta of Jaws 11, also.

There is one tiny glitch that I will report to V M Ware tomorrow.  Read the
following to discover the glitch:

1.
Install Fusion 11.

2.
Install Windows 7.  There will be no sound.  This is an old issue from the
Vista days.  Also, screen resolution is set to 800x600.  While you can
adjust screen resolution at this point, it is best to wait.

3.
Run Windows 7 Update from within the virtual machine and at least two
important drivers will be installed.  One of these drivers is for the
MacBook Pro sound card.

4.
Restart Windows 7 and there will be perfect sound that is accessible using
the same hardware keys as OSX.

NOTE 1:
For best result, I strongly recommend that you run the virtual machine as a
full screen.

NOTE 2:
The following can be done in no particular order:

5.
Install Jaws 11.

At this point, everything will be working fine; however, as you enter and
exit the virtual machine, you will be prompted to install the V M Ware
Tools.  Again, it is not necessary to do this but, for best results in the
future, it is highly recommended that you do so.  Simply change focus back
to OSX, there are a couple of ways to do this but I will wait for enquiries
before listing them as I don't want this message to get too long.

Using VO, select to install the V M Ware tools for this particular virtual
machine.  Once the installation begins, Jaws will begin reading the dialog
boxes that appear within the Windows 7 desktop.  Follow the prompt to
complete the installation.

6.
Upon restarting Windows 7, after installing the V M Ware tools, you may
notice two things:  (1) the screen resolution has been correctly adjusted
for the native screen resolution for the MacBook Pro or whatever type of
computer display you're using and (2) there is, once again, no sound.
During the V M Ware Tools installation, the correct audio driver is replaced
with a VM Ware driver that does not work on the Mac Book Pro.

7.
>From within Windows 7, in the device manager, select the properties for the
VM Ware sound card and choose to rollback the driver.

8.
Restart Windows 7 and, behold, the sound returns and all is right with the
world.

OK, I am so tired that I am going to stop typing at this point.

Good Luck to all Fellow Snow Leopard and Windows 7 tightrope walkers.

Mark
PS
Unfortunately, I cannot post this information to my BLOG so if you think you
may use it in the future, be sure to save.