iPhone discussion has always been welcome here. :) The other list is
more strictly focused on the iPhone, but we would have to also ban
iPod, Airport Express/Extreme, and all sorts of other things from this
list if we banned iPhone discussion. After all, the iPhone is used in
conjunction with your computer, one of those computer types is the Mac.

Cara and I discussed posting the news updates to this list. They have
pretty much always been posted by someone, usually me, manually. We've
automated the process to give ourselves a little less work. Since the
updates average less than a message a day, we feel they are of use to
more people than to whom they are an irritation.

You can also filter those messages, if you wish, using your mail
client's message rules.